Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ramping it Up

Last year was not a great year on the bike for me. I struggled early in the year with knee problems and my hours and efforts were very minimalistic. This year is different. I knew I needed more base earlier in the year and more structure to get my body back into racing shape. Luckily, everything is coming together quite well.

I just finished a block of training. Early last week we saw some snow, then bitter cold temperatures. This relegated me to doing my prescribed efforts on the trainer for two days in a row with double sessions. I couldn't take it anymore, so back outside I went in negative wind chill temps.


This past weekend I had a nice 4 day volume block. I managed to sneak in 17 hours covering 298 miles in the past 4 days. I can tell the form is on the rise as my intervals yesterday went way better than planned and I felt great, even after the previous 2 days of 11hrs and 8000kj of work.

I'm getting pretty excited to get back on the dirt with a number plate. Looking forward to seeing how my work has payed off this off-season. T-18 days until the first test of the season.

In other news, looks like there is more hope for the Quizno's Pro Challenge to come to Grand Junction and race over the Monument like the old Coor's Classic days. Yes, we need another American Flyers!