Saturday, February 11, 2006

ACT & ILRA

I had to get up early this morning to get ready to take my last ACT test!!! I hate those damn tests because I could be doing other things for four hours such as... RIDING. I got out just before noon, went home and refreshed by mind and body with some food. I sat around for a while until I headed out with the whole family to ILRA for a MTB ride. I had planned on riding the blue and yellow trail, but opted out for a double blue since yellow has many low hanging face smacking branches. The blue trail was great and was totally different than Murray Lake yesterday. The trail was packed down and fast from the snowmobiles. I was actually spinning too much on the SS, and needed at least a 2-1 gear ratio. I rode the first loop quick, then met up with Jon Heft, Lee(LVD on the MMBA Site and Krug for a ride around the blue. The pace was a little slower until Jon and I hammered it out as I spun out my legs for a while. I could not believe how fast it was. I can't wait to go back.

Later in the night I did my Pilates and back exercises, then ssat down and watched the Olympics. They really need snow mountain biking in the winter to watch something cool. I bet the crazy luge racers who slide down the ice @ 90mph probably ride downhill bikes in the summer!!!

Tommorrow is the MMBA Annual expo which should be a blast. Catch up with biking buddies who have been in winter hibernation, and go look at cool new bikes and new parts.

No comments: