Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Recovery, Well that didn't quite work

Today was surprisingly nice after I woke up with snow on the ground and car. After school I went out on my own little jaunt which ended up being a nice Wednesday Epic Ride. This time I wanted to go to Commerce Park through Proud Lake, and I made it!!! I didn't end up at Highland this time. Dirt roads and then through Proud Lake campground path out to Glengary Rd a little ways down to the park. I only rode 2.5 miles of the trail since I had to meet my dad at ILRA at 5:30. The way back I took the rail-trail around a few parks that parallel Glengary and ended up behind the VFW Hall in Wixom. I took that out to Loon Lake then hammered down Wixom Rd. until I snuck in behind te factories befor Pontiac trail and rode the singletrack through there. Took the railtrail then all the way to ILRA and pulled into the parking lot at 5:33. Not bad since I had no idea how long it would take and the fact that there was a 15-20mph wind coming out of the west right into my face. Rode blue and yellow with my dad, had a quick chat with Kevin and Danielle(who informed me that I need to eat a sandwich!?) and then I went off for another Yellow until I cut off at Kensington Rd. Took that up to Buno and back home. Alltogether the ride was 3:49 and I rode 60 miles all on the MTB. After I downloaded my HRM into my laptop, I noticed my ride from Commerce to ILRA was 56min. and averaged 164 heart rate. It felt good and I think that is a good sign for the upcoming races!!!
To see most of my route without trails and the ride back home, Click Here. The elevation looks weird because there are two spots where it dips to 0. I found out that that was water where I went over a bride on Garden Rd. and somewhere else. Work and a light spin tommorrow then off to Yankee Sat morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that’s a glitch in the program. I’ve had that happen a few times. I just redraw the route or undo the last few lines I have drawn and go at it again. Also the problem with it going down to ZERO. It causes the graph range to be larger than it should.

Brent said...

It probably is a problem. I might re-draw it when I have more time...like in 3 weeks when I get back after Yankee!!!