Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Week Off

To start the off season off right, I too the past week off from riding. My last ride was Monday at ILRA when I rode the fixie off road for the first time. What a blast! It was much easier than expected and I still managed a 55 minute lap.

It was hard not to ride on the nice 65 degree day, but I have a plan, and it says recovery. I barely rode beofre Iceman, so it is almost like a 2 week recovery with a race thrown in the mix. This will all end tommorrow when I hit the gym for the first time since last March. I am planning on hitting weights 3 times a week and starting some base training in December. I am actually try to focus on a training plan this year and see how it works instead of just riding like I normally do! For the next few weeks, I am just going to have fun doing night rides and other easy social rides in the cold and snow.

I did not sit on the couch all week though. I got in some ice skating (work-hockey referee) on Wed, Thurs, Fri, and 3 hrs today. It is good cross training and keeping the legs moving. I also started Pilates back up again. It didn't hurt too bad after the first 2 minute warmup. Maybe a little snow in December will help me get some cross training in with cross country skiing.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: