Monday, April 28, 2008

Bloomer XC






Weather turned out to be nice, and the course was fun. I had a great time tooling around the course five times. Twisty, with lots of cool switchbacks, a lot of accelerations, some hills, and some long flat 2-track.

Race started off in a non-typical fashion for me. I *actually* had a good start. The goal was to go fast and try to get in the lead group. Yeah, it worked. Kuhncappi took off like crazy and left me going 2nd into the woods. Good thing I did a lap before the race. I let Niel by, and we were off. It was Dylan and I until the Flyin' Frenchman bridged and Lummis caught up. Dylan drilled it on the 2-track then Lummis added some more pain on the gravely climb. We caught Kuhncappi, and Christian decided he wanted to race. Dylan went with him and left three of us chasing. Lap 2 was hard. Sitting 3rd in tight 1-track left me closing gaps after every corner. It hurt. I fell off coming into the finish of lap 2. Tried to keep riding hard and not fall into cruise control doing and JRA. Clikeman caught me on mid-lap 4, but I didn't have the gas to keep with him. Lap 5 came and went as I rolled over the line 7th. Not bad. A different type of race for me. Usually I am slow to start and have consistant lap times. This was fast in the begining and slower lap times later on. Lap 2, I was worked over and took a bit out of me.

Fun race. I really enjoyed the course. Next up on the docket is Waterford Hills Thursday night and Fort Custer on Sunday. Let's see if I can get a good start again. Hopefully we get another good strong turnout like Bloomer.

More picture here. Thanks to my uncle, Glen Moore

2 comments:

Organischen Intellektuellen said...

Hey Brent! Glad to hear things are going well up there. Cant' wait to come up and mix it up with everyone again! See you soon.

Shawn said...

Looks like you are in for a good season Brent. Clikeman is the king of consistent laps!