Saturday, May 10, 2008

BLIP 100







Pics courtesy of Hermitman
We changed the name to sound better. Brighton, Lakelands, Island Lake, and Poto.

Fun ride. Weather was gorgeous. No clouds and high 60's made for a nice day in the saddle. Started at home with Cruise, rolled through ILRA and picked up Robert, Bill, Alex and Jim. Checked out the Demo Day for a few minutes then rolled down to Poto via Lakelands trail. Poto was sweet. Headed back and did all loops at Brighton before shooting back over to ILRA. Great day. ended up with 104.2 mountain bike miles. Not bad. Thanks for the good company.

Highlights of the day

-104.2 miles! Somewhere around 7hrs of ride time.

-Riding with a good group of guys

-The squirrel!!! Good times.

-Shredding the Poto

-Cruise repeating "I hate this trail" on the Lost Loop at Brighton. FYI he was riding a new bike with a 29er wheel and big sweeper bars on a tight. twisty trail.

-Catching myself in a rut, letting Clikeman and Robert go by, then a couple minutes later we come around a corner to find Bill lying in the weeds.

-Finishing

-Cruise eating his first peanut butter and nutella sandwich.

-Mucho food.

3 comments:

Cruise said...

1) That squirrel must have a big headache

2) That "lost loop" sucked majorly

3) The Peanut Butter and Nutella sandwich has been the highlight of my day.. I'm probably more excited about finding out about an awesome new food than I am about the miles today..

alexdolpp said...

Great day, thanks for taking us around.

Had to laugh hard again when I read "The squirrel!!!".

JimL said...

Man, I can't tell you how jealous I was seeing cruise eat that sandwich at the poto trailhead.

Good riding with everyone. Fun until I bombed out and had to multi-sport it.