Monday, March 27, 2006

Another Road Ride

I am racking the miles up. Last year at this time I had 190 miles of easy riding and not many hills. This year I have about 600 miles in the saddle and it consists of mostly hills or long rides on the road bike with a few snow and backroad rides thrown in.

Today I hopped on the road bike for a nice double loop around ILRA and Kensington. Yesterday I did hill repeats, so today I just rode for time with a higher heart rate. I ended up with 41 miles over 2:06, which is around 19.5 mph average which wasn't too bad by myself with the slight wind. I felt great and am looking at a recovery ride on the back roads with the SS tommorrow if it doesn't rain too much. Yankee is less than a month away and I am already feeling up for it. I can't wait.

No comments: