Friday, May 12, 2006

Are You Kidding Me Mother Nature?


What a joke. It has rained here the past 3 days. This morning we looked at the raingauge and saw 2"...yes 2" of rain. WTF it is May and I need to get long rides in for 12H of Boyne Solo and Lumberjack 100. I took the last 2 days off and finally broke down today. I brought the bike inside and put it on the trainer. I rode after dinner and put in an hour of riding with intervals going 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1. How exciting. Now I remember how horrible the training in winter was. At least in winter I got used to it and had nothing better to do since it was cold and snow. Now it SHOULD be 65-70degrees out and sunny, but NO it is raining. Checked weather.coma nd saw no hope. The next 7-10 days shows rain. Sweet more interval trainer rides. I hope all other racers in MI are not riding so I can improve on them:-). The dopplar shows a nice bike green area of rain that is just swirling around Iowa, Wisconsin and of course MI. Ok, rant off. I think I am going to ride the trainer again tommorrow, then maybe the 5 days after that!
There is a good picture of the dopplar over HERE. Can't I just go back to the warm desert of CO.

No comments: