Saturday, December 09, 2006

New Milestone...for me

With my 2hr jaunt this morning, I reached a new high mileage. I went over 6,000 miles. For me that is pretty good. I started riding three years ago and put in under 2,000 miles the first year and 3400 miles last year. With simple math, that's 2,600 miles more than last year. Not too bad. I am sure next year will be more as I become a better and more experienced rider. We still have another three weeks, so I should be able to get at least 500 more miles in.

I put in 3 days at the gym and 11.5 hours on the fixed gear outside this week. With some warmer temps coming next week and a higher volume week for me, I should be able to get around 200 miles in. Last week, the total temp of wind chills added up of my four rides is only 35. Now, tommorrow and the next few days will be in the 40's. Huh.

When I was going to write this, and then searched around some blogs for a few minutes. 6,000 was pretty good for me, but when I clicked on Robert's Blog, damn. Almost 14,000 miles and still riding strong! That is remarkable...and maybe a little crazy!

I work again in the middle of the day tommorrow. Those just suck. It screws up my whole riding schedule. Today I had to ride at 8am so I could get my ride in and then go skate for 3 hrs before going to a Christmas party. I was looking at at least 3hrs tommorrow, so I might have to take my light with me and finish in the dark. The warmer temps should also be better on my lungs than the cold morning air. Once I get over this little cold the air shouldn't be as much of a problem.

No comments: