Thursday, March 08, 2007

XXXXXX is in the air

I am not going to jinx it, but I think "it" is on its way. The temps today were still in the 30's, but we are going to hit 40F tomorrow and keep on creeping up into the mid-50's next week. Oh, yeah. Can someone say jeresy and arm warmers. Wooooooooo hooooooooo. Another clue that "it" is in the air is that I saw 4 other cyclists today. Sure, I was in the highly populated ILRA, but I have not seen another rider all winter long since November. Sure, I saw two in January, but 50F is not winter. I was looking off into the woods when I looked back at the road and saw a rider zip by the other way. I was so shocked that I literally jumped. After a few laughs later I felt like an ass for not waving. Yeah, the title is Brent's MTB Life not Roadie Life.

So this better hold out. A couple more good weeks of riding and I'll be able to test my skills. My overall fitness feels great, but once all of the extra clothing and booties are off, I will have a better clue. All I can say is that so far I am happy with it.

No comments: